07 August 2008

Sergeant Clueless

If you could meet any person dead or alive, who would you meet?

Jesus? Buddha? Mohamed? Moses?

Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot?

Personally, I’d like to meet Jesus and clarify a few things.

Well, one of our Olympic athletes, US Army sergeant Dremiel Byers who’s a member of America’s Greco-Roman wrestling team says his choice would be Fidel. (!?!?)

Of course he must have a really good reason for his choice, no?
"I don't know, it just seems like he'd be interesting," Byers said when pressed.

Perhaps realizing that his choice was somewhat odd, he dug a deeper trench in an effort to justify it:

"I think I wanted to meet Castro to see if I could talk him into letting me get one of those hats from him,'' Byers said at a press conference.

Byers called Castro a "great guy.''

That’s nice.

What defines a “great guy” in Byers’ view:

"He's a strong person, strong willed, what have you,'' Byers said. "I heard a story when I was in Cuba that one of their athletes got a medal and he got to have dinner with Castro. They were sitting at the table and (Castro) said, 'Champion, huh?' Then he reached into his wallet and pulled out a dollar and hands it to the guy... I was like, 'What did you do?' And he said, 'I acted like it was the best dollar I ever got.'''

Byers should enjoy his stay at the Olympic Concentration Camp err I mean Village in Beijing, there’s lots of “great guys” or what have you, over there in China.

And maybe when he comes back, the President can invite him to the white house and slip him a greenback for his efforts and we’ll see how he likes being humiliated by his commander in chief.


1 comment:

Asesor Homeschooling para Chile said...

Qué ignorante el Byers este. Ojalá viera cuantos de su raza están en las cárceles cubanas injustamente.

¡Saludos!