29 July 2008

Obama's H.O.A.'s

On Thursday of last week, I wrote about my shock at finding out that Senator Obama proposed a “civilian security force” in a speech that the MSM ignored.

I cross-posted my thoughts at Babalú which exposed it to many more people than would normally have it read it here.

I got some interesting comments.

Some of my friends suggested I might be suffering from a post traumatic stress induced paranoia .They think that I’m reading too much into Barry O.’s dream of funding an activist civilian army-a politically correct militia. They told me that it was a stretch to compare Barry O.’s utopian dream to the CDR’s (Committees for the defense of the (Cuban) Revolution) of my enslaved youth.


O.K. fair enough. Here’s an insight into my paranoia in terms that even those who have been fortunate enough to never have experienced totalitarianism in the flesh can understand:

“This could never happen in America,” they say. I hope not, but if somebody gives you fair warning that they imagine a society where there is a civilian security force that’s as well funded as the US’s armed forces and this person is no kooky blogger such as myself, but rather a respected, Harvard educated Senator who wants to put himself in a position where he would have the power to propose societal engineering plans that could transform American society as we know it-take him at his word. Because, as he says: “words mean something”

I’m sorry, my young Obamaniacal friends. You can’t have it both ways. Either he speaks in platitudes and non-specifics or he doesn’t. You can’t argue that he does have a message buried deep within his lofty speeches and then argue that his speeches can’t be parsed, analyzed and scrutinized.

Anyway, for those who say that the Obama imagined civil police could never materialize in the U S of A, I say, “HOA”- Home Owner’s Association.

If you have ever been dumb enough to sign your property rights away for the security that these Nazi-like associations of urban busybodies seem to promise, then you know what I’m talking about.

These creeps, who usually have the power to put a lien on your house, go around looking for dirty roofs, uncut hedges, dirty driveways, loose dogs. Etc, Etc with the same gleam in their eyes that the CDR snitches used to have when they were “checking up” on their gusano neighbors in Cuba.

Now, imagine a government funded network of urban commandoes with a politically correct axe to grind.

You can call me paranoid if you like, but I’m just saying …Do you want your life to be governed by a giant state run HOA?

1 comment:

Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

It's already happened in America. Most remain duped.