05 August 2008

Air Obama

I'm having difficulty gauging this Senator Obama comment:

"We could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling, if everybody was just inflating their tires,"


OK. Last month I got new tires. Right now they are exactly 32 PSI- the same as they were last month.

Hmmm...and yet I'm still spending $40 plus dollars every time I fill my Tc.

Maybe now that the energy crisis and dependence on foreign oil have been solved because the Senator has the World's largest proven reserves of arrogant hot air, when I go to gas up tomorrow, it will run me $25 like it did last year.



No. I don't think so.

But watch what happens to oil prices the minute that the first drill hits the Alaskan soil or sand on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. It's called supply and demand.

I already lived in a country where what determined the economic value of goods was the collective effort and good camaraderie, (emphasis on comrade) that citizens put into things and not market factors like supply and demand. Che Guevara economics.

I'm really not interested in how much oil we can theoretically save if everybody decides to cooperate and inflate their tires in a show of collective unity. No, I'm interested in how much money I can actually save with lower gas prices. Lower Prices I can live with, not empty theories I can believe in-that's my motto. Here's another one:

"We are the Lower Gas Prices We've Been Waiting For"


Now, if my car only ran on platitudes, We'd be in business.

No comments: