29 December 2007

In Vino Veritas?

Wow!

It’s been over a week since I have posted anything on the blog.

My apologies. I took a few days off for family celebrations and libations and comelatas.

Then, I got slammed with a Trojan horse via e-mail. Luckily, I was able to prevent any major damage. But be careful of e-mails form corporate accounts with New Year Messages! The subject on the virulent e-mail said something like "Happy 2008 Without Fidel."

I’m toying with the idea of moving to the blog to a server for 2008. We’ll see.

Although I haven’t posted anything in the last week, I have been keeping up with all the “news” coming out of the island and as usual, it’s the news services basically parroting the party line. Is no good news? Maybe not for our enslaved brethren for whom no news means more of the same.

Raul & Co. have decided to divert attention from the question on hand-CAMBIO-by making a soap opera out of whether Fidel is going to remain as president of Cuba or not. Interestingly, at least to me, is Raul’s tendency for candid sarcasm. They guy knocked the American two party system as being just as undemocratic as Cuba’s one party system and compared the choice between voting between the Tweedledee Republican and the Tweedledum Democrat to voting between Him and Fidel. I’m sure the junior despot meant to deride the American system, but gave a rather interesting insight that the struggle for power in Cuba is really between him and his older incapacitated half brother’s minions, (talibanes), and himself. In Vino Veritas.

… and speaking of vino…………

No comments: