14 January 2008

It's All Right Now.....

When you are Cuban and you decide you don’t want to play Castro’s game anymore, you choose death.

“Patria o Muerte”-“Fatherland or Death” is the revolution’s disgusting and dehumanizing ultimatum.

Death can come in a few ways, in a prison, in the Florida straights and in exile – where only a little of you dies, but where the regime tries to kill you off-makes you a non person, an non Cuban – a desterriado– unless you’re willing to go back with gift$, then it’s all right. Fidel the stubborn Galician-"Para mi, estas muerto."

One way to kill off prominent Cubans who choose death over Fidel’s version of the fatherland is to brandish them as defecting traitors. These folks’ history is erased. Such is the case with artists, writers, actors, musicians and athletes.

Cuba’s pragmatic new dictator probably realized that with the ever growing string of defections, there was going to have to be too much time spent erasing too much history. All that time is better spent repressing, after all. Very pragmatic.

So, he allowed a documentary featuring some “erased” major leaguers including Orlando, “El Duque” Hernandez and Kendry Morales, “Fuera de Liga” to be aired on Castro’s private airways.

The fact that the regime allowed the documentary to air is unprecedented and has raised eyebrows and heralded as a sign that Raúl’s plans for a tropical perestroika are right on track.

50 years of “do it my way or die”, Patria o Muerte, but it’s all right now…

Which reminds me…..



Watch it!

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash,
It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,
I was schooled with a strap right across my back,
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash,
It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead.
I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled.
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread.
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I was crowned with a spike right thru my head.
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash,
It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Jumping Jack Flash, its a gas
Jumping Jack Flash, its a gas
Jumping Jack Flash, its a gas
Jumping Jack Flash, its a gas



JUMPING JACK FLASH (Jagger/Richards)

A Freaking Gas


No comments: