03 August 2007

Castro’s Chattel



I guess it’s now official. Cubans are Castro’s chattel.

Whether it’s a balsero “repatriated” back to Cuba, or a Doctor indentured to work in Bolivia, or a ship worker forced to work in Curacao or Elian Gonzalez abducted the day before Easter or Yuliet Rodriguez, married to an American, abducted in Venezuela and sent back to Cuba or Guillermo Rigondeaux, two-time bantamweight Olympic champion, or welterweight world champion Erislandy Lara it doesn’t matter. If you’re a Cuban you’re Castro’s property.

Emperor Castro-the Caesar of the Caribbean and everyone "Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s” lest they infuriate the old Adidas Tracksuit wearing emperor.

Incredible.

Update:

And if you sit and think about it, you may come to the same bitter conclusion that I came to last night when I wrote this. At the time I was actually too embarrassed to write down my thoughts.

Cubans born before the revolution became slaves on January 1, 1959 and those that were born after that day were born into slavery. Some of us escaped some of us were allowed to leave, bartered off for some benefit to the slave master.

That is a hard realization and it may not be true ,but it’s the way I felt last night after discussing the Cuban boxer case with a friend..

The reason I did not write down about my feelings is that I did not want to give the Bastard Castro that much power over my existence, but at least in my case, it is the truth. But I’m free now and it’s the duty of all free Cubans to raise the awareness of the enslavement of our people.

My friend tells me illegals get deported all the time. But that’s not the case when a government throws all its weight and power to retrieve one of their citizens who they feel belongs to them.

I don’t see he Mexican government sending agents to retrieve their citizens or the Mexican president writing in a newspaper calling Mexican immigrants traitors for leaving Mexico, for example.

This kind of absurdity only happens with Cuba now, and nobody bats an eyelash. It’s just accepted as normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah right they changed their minds, and I´m sure they´ll receive a ¨warm¨ welcome. To paraphrase an old refrain, ¨How many Cubans have to die before they´re allowed to be free?¨

Anonymous said...

Death to Both Castros !

Anonymous said...

It seems that the pressure was strong. Check penultimosdias.com