09 October 2007

Comunistas Comemierdas

When I was a boy growing up, I remember a few conversations about Che’s “disappearance”. It seems the argentine had dropped off the face of the Earth after he came back from visiting some Marxist countries. I vividly remember a group of us boys arguing about El Che. One of the boys was saying that the reason he looked so different was because since he was a doctor, he had performed plastic surgery on himself to change his appearance and avoid capture. I remember thinking to myself “comunista comemierda”.

In any event, I have been subjected to the Che myth way too long there doesn’t seem to be any end in sight.

Yesterday, I realized that the regime was “celebrating” Che’s death on the 8th. I even read one of the “Blogger in Chief’s” reflections on his old “buddy”. In Fidel’s reflection he writes:

"I make a halt in my daily struggle to bow my head in respect and gratitude to the exceptional combatant who fell on October 8th, forty years ago"


Huh? That doesn’t sound right. I thought he was killed on the 9th and I start doing searches. Sure enough he was executed on the 9th, not the 8th. I’m thinking is Castro senile? Are this people nuts?

Then it dawns on me. I guess that the “official truth” in Cuba is or must have been that Che wasn’t captured. That he was killed in battle, not taken alive, like any revolutionary worth his salt, like Fidel wanted him to. Like the Bolivians first claimed. So again the facts are changed to protect the guilty. It becomes dogma. I guess once you revise history, you can’t re-revise it, can you?

Who knows?

So yesterday they “celebrate” the feast day of Che, Martyr of the Revolution, Cult of the Absurd, perpetuating yet another lie in their anti-church – to put it in their terms- more opiate for the masses. Only by now, the masses are immune to the opiate. By now, the narcotic only seems to work on the international press and well to do rebels without a clue.

Comunistas Comemierdas.

1 comment:

Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

"It is better to die with dignity that to live a life of infamy."

- Don Tomas

My great grandfather knew what he was talking about. The reason Che will be inked in the history books as an infamous evil doer is the shear number of victims and their loved ones who will tell the stories like the Jews did against Nazis. The proper historical condemnation of Che begins when we get back into Cuba and show the records of all the murders and vast amounts of physical evidence.