07 November 2006

Not that there's anything wrong with it.....

Cuba’s telenovela, The Hidden Side of the Moon, which according to The Miami Herald was the most watched show in Cuban TV history. Don’t ask how they know. Maybe comrade Chismosa at the CDR goes around peeking into people’s homes and reports on which of the two channels they’re watching. Article here.

The big deal: they had , gasp.., homosexuals.

According to The Herald, via 247Gay.com, Raul’s daughter, Mariela advocated for the controversial program to be on TV.

So that’s what controlling all communication is called, “advocating”?!?

According to the article,“ Mariela runs the National Center for Sex Education, from which she publicly promotes lesbian, gay and transgender rights”

If gays get “rights” in Cuba, there’s going to be a lot of men feigning a lisp and putting on make-up.

Hmmm…. Raul’s daughter promoting acceptance of gays… I wonder why?

The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
got to keep the loonies on the path

The lunatic is in the hall
the lunatics are in the hall
the paper holds their folded faces to the floor
and every day the paper boy brings more

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
and if there is no room upon the hill
and if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
The lunatic is in my head
The lunatic is in my head
you raise the blade, you make the change
you rearrange me ' till I'm sane
you lock the door
and throw away the key
there's someone in my head but it's not me

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
you shout and no one seems to hear
and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

No comments: