19 April 2007

From Biscet's Cell


... It is true that I suffer, but thanks to this unjust imprisonment I have the opportunity to know an environment that proves the very existence of an aberrant system, if it weren’t for a conflict of conscience that gripped me, this place would have been hidden from me all my life. My pain is very minor since I began to look for my dream; "To be free”, not only personally, if it were strictly for me, you know I would have been free a long time ago and would have rid myself of these disturbing anguishes, but I want to see the son of my friend, the son of my adversary or any citizen gladly laughing about the satisfaction in their lives, enjoying the fullness of freedom because it is the only means by which the human talent reaches his maximum splendor...

2 comments:

Jose Aguirre said...

This man is a real heroe! There is no doubt that fidel is very scared of him! I really hope Biscet can survive to see a free Cuba.

Gusano said...

jose: he's inspiring. i think he has the potential to unite and lead the opposition, but .....