The Miami Herald’s headline:
DEMOCRACY IN CUBA
Cuban exiles, dissidents sign plan
Hard-line Cuban exile organizations worked with dissident groups in Cuba to implement a democracy action plan.
Hard Line? So I read further . The “hard line” refers to those exile groups that refuse to negotiate with the current tyrannical regime in Cuba. I thought they were referring to Alpha 66, Omega 7 and Commandoes F-4.
The Five Point Plan:
• Freedom for all political prisoners and an end to harassment of all kinds to internal
• Installment of a transition government that establishes democracy in Cuba, that respects human rights and offers the following freedoms: economic, press, religion, to associate, to assemble and to protest peacefully.
• Establishment of a constituent assembly that provides a new constitution submitted to a popular vote.
• Recognition of political parties and multiparty elections.
• Reestablishment of the rule of law, making sure that ``every Cuban is protected
from whimsical decisions that could lead to social discontent"
English Article Here
Notice the Nuevo Herald Article bt the same reporter doesn’t have the “linea dura” qualifier in the headline.