24 October 2006

Hang In There, Joe

Still no word form Yuliet. No one knows where she is.

From the Pittsburgh Tribune

Star-crossed couple still separated

By Justin Vellucci
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, October 24, 2006


A Bethel Park man met with FBI agents Monday to discuss his thwarted plans to reunite with his Cuban wife. Joseph Papp, 31, said he wired two people a total of $6,600 to safely and legally usher his wife, Yuliet Rodriguez Jimenez, into the United States this fall. The money changed hands, but Rodriguez, 29, who hid in Venezuela after an attempt in the summer to meet Papp in Europe, never appeared.

"What I wanted to do was bring her to me, safe at my side, by any means necessary," said Papp, who, like Rodriguez, is a competitive cyclist. "I'm just interested in finding my wife."

Now, he waits.


No comments: